Projects
Top Ten Questions
Build-up Documentation
Approximate Build Costs
Project/Travel Pics
My Dream Garage
Orange Jeep Club
Helpful Hints
Jeep Differences
Miscellaneous Jeep Stuff
4x4 Information
Magazine Submission
Forums / History
Favorite Links
Readers Rides
Apparel / Jeep Art
Items For Sale
Accolades / Thank you!
Contact Us!
 
Make a Donation
FREE T-Shirt
 
 
 
 
 
On-line Shops
 
instant message
Project "Free Jeep" a.k.a Project "FJ" - part #32
 
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73
 
(11/21/07) I have been able to get out to the garage for only an hour here and an hour there, but I have been able to complete the rear of the Jeep to make it appear more like a CJ and also get some protection and security in the license plate area.
 
 
I had seen a picture in a magazine or somewhere of a TJ license plate bracket used on a Wrangler body. So I figured, what the heck, order one up and see what we can do with it. It turned out to fit perfectly and without a whole lot of modifications, I was able to get it in place and now I have a place to mount the license plate. With the lights having the white light underneath, we don't have to worry about any DMV issues with lighting up the license plate.
 
 
I had gotten a license plate from my Mom, so I stuck it on there for good measure to see how she fit. Everything looked good, so I moved onto the body mounts, as I needed to get the body mounted on the frame to start working on the defroster. I had to ream out the body mounts, as they were CJ mounts and I was putting YJ mounts in there. After that, I ordered up a set of rear marker lights for the CJ and then had to leave for a couple days for work.
 
 
(12/01/07) I finally got around to putting up some pictures of what has been going on with the project. It is not that I am too lazy to do this; I am just so busy these days. I snuck out again for an hour or 2 and got to play with the newest toy, that of a die grinder. It is pretty powerful and works very well. I put a new filter on the compressor as well to help filter out some more water/dirt, so hopefully that will allow this tool to have a long, fruitful life.
 
 
I welded on the body mounts on the passenger side after trimming and cutting them to fit just where I wanted them. The driver side still needs to be done, but the passenger side looks good so far.

I cut 2 holes for the rear marker lights as well and with some stainless hardware, put them in place. It is starting to resemble a CJ a bit...
 
 
I finally turned the Jeep around and prepared it for the driver side body mounts. I had to cut and trim this one as well to see about fitment issues. It looked good, so I called it a day and went inside. We have some demo to do in the basement, so I won't be outside for a bit, but so far so good on the Jeep. I am much further along this year with it then I have been in years past.

It is like they say, when you have time, you don't have the money and when you have the money, you don't have the time.

cb (12/02/07)
 
<< Previous Next >>

FAQ | Contact Us | Privacy Policy
Copyright 2016 www.certifiablejeep.com

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation (or whatever they are called today).
certifiablejeep.com is not in any way associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp or Jeep parent Company.